Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Who What Why....Name and Intent

Gloria was my given name. The Glory. Glorious. Evocation of Supreme, indeed, Divine heights. Glory Glory Hallelujah.

 According to Kabalarians, just the name would indicate:

  •   Your first name of Gloria gives you a poised, gracious, and reserved nature. 
  •  You are capable and clever and would excel in executive positions. 
  •  As you are a private person, it is a challenge for others to get to know and understand you. 
  • Your reticence has caused you to suffer aloneness and misunderstandings. 
  •  You would like to be easy-going and spontaneous but it does not come easily. 
  •  You can express yourself better through writing than verbally. 
  •  The mysteries of life appeal to you in your search for an understanding of the greater picture of life. 
  •  You love to read and can develop great powers of concentration. 
  •  There is also an over-sensitivity in the heart, lungs, and bronchial organs which could lead to related health weaknesses.
...which all seems very accurate.

 Marie was my middle name, already at my birth connecting me to the Great Mother and the Great Whore, embodied by Mary Mother of Yashua (otherwise known as Jesus) and Mary Beloved Consort-Wife of Yashua.

 Bunmi is more than just a given spiritual name, determined by Ifa’s casting; it is now not only some “new personality” or alter-ego—it is indeed my Brand. Bunmi is Yoruba for The Gift [of/from...]. I must carry myself as a Gift to humanity, a gift is something bestowed upon, something inherited sometimes, something given as great sacrifice, something that, like the essence of all that is Yeye Osun, what makes life worth living.

My Mission, you may ask? I had never thought about any concreted, accurately definable plan or purpose. However, I recently sent a message out to a Sister in the Holistic Community and found as my fingers hit the keys, some feelings I'd never even addressed within myself came pouring out and I realized I'd just articulated some of what I felt, feel, and strive for in my organization. An excision from the letter follows:

  I read your mission statement and I felt your words as if they were my own. I know you are a kindred spirit, a Healing Woman like me. "I am my Sister's Liberator" is a beautiful affirmation and I know you won't mind if I use this is my daily manifestations :) I'd like to invite you to check out a campaign I'm running to come up with a fantastic sexual and reproductive health product just for Black women specifically. I am a sexual and holistic health counselor and sensuality coach. I too am a very spiritual woman, exploring the Divine Feminine archetypes across many different races, cultures, tribes, and aeons. I have long desired to connect with, understand, and help heal my fellow Sisters sexual and psychologically as well as spiritually and emotionally. I'm glad to see since the 2012 Ascension, so many more synchronicities are at work manifesting to confirm that it is now time for the Women of Earth and the Wombniverse to rise! I hope you'll join me in continuing to help our Sisters....

As I re-read that small paragraph, I realized this was very appropriate for this blog to present my intention and my Vision for The Honeyed Labyrinth Spiritual Services and The Oshun Lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License Orgasm Lifestyle: The Official Oshun Lifestyle Blog by Gloria Hatten (elsewhere credited as Gloria Steele) as EgbeBunmi Ifasope is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at www.theoshunlife.com.